Additional Locations for Amanda J. Powers, MD
CUIMC/Milstein Hospital Building177 Ft. Washington AvenueNew York
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Amanda J. Powers, MD
Amanda J. Powers, MD is Assistant Professor of Surgery (in Anesthesiology) as of August 1, 2014. Dr. Powers has practiced at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center since 2006, where she completed her general surgery residency.
She served as an attending physician in the Department of Surgery, Acute Care Surgery Division during 2011, followed by a clinical fellowship in minimally invasive surgery in 2012. Since that time she has served as Assistant Professor of Clinical Surgery while completing her Clinical Fellowship in with the Department of Anesthesiology this year.
With training in laparoscopic surgery and critical care, Dr. Powers forged an innovative path allowing her to integrate the ICU into the acute care model.
- Surgical Critical Care
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Residency: Overlook Hospital
- Medical School: Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Surgery (in Anesthesiology)
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Awards & Honors
- Alfred M. Markowitz Endowment for Scholars Award
- The Gold Humanism Honor Society