Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Alexandra Canetti, MD
Alexandra Canetti, MD, is a board-certified child and adolescent and adult psychiatrist with an interest in community psychiatry and family issues. She was born and raised in Puerto Rico. Dr. Canetti graduated with honors with a Bachelor of Science in pre-medicine from the University of Puerto Rico. She completed her medical degree at Universidad Central del Caribe in Puerto Rico, and her residency in adult psychiatry at Cabrini Medical Center. She graduated from her Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship at St. Vincents Medical Center, where she was the chief fellow.
She joined the training faculty at the Columbia HIV Training Project and AIDS Education Training Center of NY/NJ and has interest in culturally competent family-based care to children and youth with medical illnesses. She currently serves as the Program Medical Director of the Special Needs Clinic, where she treats the mental health needs of individuals and families affected by medical illness, and of the School-Based Mental Health Program.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- ADHD In Children, Adolescents and College Students
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Fellowship: St Vincents Hospital NY NY
- Medical School: Universidad Central del Caribe, School of Medicine (Puerto Rico)
- Residency: Cabrini Medical Center, NY
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at CUMC
- Program Medical Director, Special Needs Clinic and School-Based Mental Health Program
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital