Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Akinpelu Akitola Beckley, MD
Akin Beckley, MD, MBA is an Assistant Professor and Associate Residency Program Director at Columbia University Medical Center's Department of Rehabilitation and Regenerative Medicine. Dr. Beckley also serves as the Medical Director of the Inpatient Unit at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center. He specializes in seeing patients with neurological problems, cancer, amputations, and cardiopulmonary issues.
Dr. Beckley received his undergraduate education at the University of Western Ontario and his MBA and MD from the University of Connecticut. He completed his internship and residency in Surgery at the Hospital of St. Raphael before moving on to complete his residency in Rehabilitation Medicine at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia.
Dr. Beckley's interests lie in neurological and cancer rehabilitation. His focus, when treating patients, is to help them get back to their level of function prior to them becoming ill using an interdisciplinary and collaborative method. He employs the help of other departments such as PT and OT to provide the best care necessary for the patient. He also emphasizes the importance of education among his patients and medical students to assure effective continued care.
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Specialties & Expertise
- Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Back and Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Cancer Rehabilitation
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Hand and Wrist Problems
- Lower Back Pain
- Muscle Atrophy
- Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation After Brain Injury
- Spasticity Management
- Spasticity Treatment
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Internship: Hospital of Saint Raphael
- Residency: Hospital of Saint Raphael
- Residency: Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Rehabilitation and Regenerative Medicine at CUMC
- Associate Residency Program Director
- Medical Director of Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center