Additional Locations for Aakriti Garg Shukla, MD
CUIMC/Edward S. Harkness Eye Institute635 West 165th StreetNew York
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Aakriti Garg Shukla, MD
Dr. Aakriti Shukla is Leonard A. Lauder Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at CUMC and Attending Ophthalmologist at the New York Presbyterian Hospital. Dr. Shukla is a board-certified ophthalmologist and specializes in the medical and surgical management of glaucoma and cataracts. Her surgical expertise includes minimally invasive glaucoma surgery, traditional glaucoma surgery, glaucoma laser surgery, and cataract surgery.
Dr. Shukla completed her undergraduate studies as a Trustee and Renaissance Scholar at the University of Southern California. She received her medical degree at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons in New York City, where she was awarded a Doris Duke Clinical Research Fellowship and earned the Edith and Denton McKane Memorial Award for Outstanding Research in Ophthalmology. She completed her training as an ophthalmology resident and served as chief resident at Columbia University's Harkness Eye Institute. She pursued further glaucoma subspecialty training at the Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, MD. Prior to her appointment at Columbia University, she served as glaucoma faculty at the Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia, PA.
Dr. Shukla has published numerous peer-reviewed articles, book chapters, and has been invited to speak nationally and internationally on her patient care and research. She serves on the Editorial Board of Ophthalmology Glaucoma. Her work has earned several awards and research grants including the American Glaucoma Society (AGS) Mentoring for Advancement of Physician Scientists Grant and the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) Best Paper Award. She was awarded the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS) International Service Grant for her involvement in global health initiatives in India, Guatemala, Mexico, Honduras, and other countries. Her main research interests include early detection of glaucoma, glaucoma progression, surgical outcomes, and healthcare disparities in glaucoma. She is continually inspired by her patients and aims to improve their quality of life while treating their glaucoma.
- Anterior Segment Surgery
- Glaucoma Laser Surgery
- Glaucoma Surgery
- Fellowship: Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Residency: Edward S. Harkness Eye Institute, Columbia University Medical Center
- Internship: Albert Einstein Medical Center, Thomas Jefferson University
- Medical School: Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Fellowship: John Hopkins University
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical C
- Medical School: Columbia University College of Physician & Surgeon
Titles & Positions
- Leonard A. Lauder Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center