Locations and Appointments
ColumbiaDoctors - 40 Saw Mill River Road
ColumbiaDoctors - 10 Indian Rock
ColumbiaDoctors - 26 Indian Rock
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Joseph M Lee, MD
Dr. Joseph M. Lee MD MSci FACC RPVI FASE is a board certified cardiologist and cardiac electrophysiologist with a keen interest in echocardiography and cardiac electrophysiology. He is currently an Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine and Echocardiography and an echocardiography faculty member at the NewYork-Presbyterian/ Columbia University Medical Center.
Dr. Lee earned a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry and a Master of Science in Biological Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He went on to complete medical school at Temple University School of Medicine, where he was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor society.
Dr. Lee completed his residency and fellowships in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology and Cardiovascular Imaging all at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/ Weill Cornell Medical Center. Dr. Lee also has achieved Level III proficiency in Comprehensive Echocardiography and Cardiac Electrophysiology.
Dr. Lee is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, Comprehensive Echocardiography, Nuclear Cardiology, Vascular Ultrasound, Hypertension, and Internal Medicine. He is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology (FACC), Fellow Registered Physician of Vascular Interpretation (RPVI) and a Fellow of the American Society of Echocardiography (FASE).
Dr. Lee is a NBE certified Level III trained cardiologist at the New York-Presbyterian Hospital/ Columbia University Medical Center echocardiography laboratory. He is an exam writer for the Registered Physician Vascular Interpretation (RPVI) national vascular board exam and co-manages a high volume ICAVL certified ColumbiaDoctors vascular laboratory. He recently became a Certified Hypertension Specialist and has achieved additional expertise in POC ultrasonography. He is an Assistant Attending in the Division of Cardiology at the Columbia University Medical Center and has been an employee of the New-York-Presbyterian Hospital since 2005.
Dr. Lee is a co-author of a chapter in an electrophysiology textbook, has co-authored several peer-reviewed articles in medical journals and has given presentations at both national and local conferences. In his free time, Dr. Lee enjoys playing competitive tennis at the USTA National Tennis Center (NTRP player rating 3.5) and spending time with his family.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Internal Medicine
Specialties & Expertise
- Adult Cardiology
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Hypertension Specialist
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Vascular Ultrasound
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Residency: Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester
Awards & Honors
- Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine Cardiovascular Disease
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
- Diplomate, American Hypertension Specialist Certification Program Certified Hypertension Specialist
- Diplomate, Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology Nuclear Cardiology
- Diplomate, National Board of Echocardiography Comprehensive Echocardiography
- Diplomate, Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation Vascular Ultrasound
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology (FACC)
- Fellow, American Society of Echocardiography (FASE)
- Fellow, Registered Physician in Vascular Interpretation (RPVI)
- MIT Order of Omega Honor Society
- National Science Foundation Award