Roy Oommen, MD
Locations and Appointments
CUIMC/Herbert Irving Pavilion
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Roy Oommen, MD
Dr. Oommen comes to NYP from Boston, where he served as a thoracic surgery attending at Boston Medical Center and at Thoracic Surgery Associates. Dr. Oommen's training included a joint MBA and medical degree at Howard University in 2004; general surgery residency at New York Medical College; cardiothoracic surgery residency at Montefiore-Albert Einstein College of Medicine; and minimally invasive thoracic surgery fellowship at Boston Medical Center. In addition to his professional duties, Dr. Oommen volunteers as Medical Director for the non-profit organization Love Without Reason
- Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery
Specialties & Expertise
- Lung Cancer
- Fellowship: Boston Medical Center
- Residency: Montefiore Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester
Awards & Honors
- Robert Grossman MD Award for Surgical Excellence, 2005,"NIH Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Diabetes Cooperative Research Centers/ HUCM Summer Research Fellowship, 2001","WHUR-AMP Research Grant, 1998","Society of Laparoscopic Surgeons Skills Award, 2009"