Lynn R. Chinitz, MD
Locations and Appointments
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Lynn R. Chinitz, MD
Dr. Lynn Chinitz is the director of the Carol H. Taylor Breast Health Center at NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital and assistant professor of radiology at Columbia University Irving Medical Center. Dr. Chinitz is a graduate of Barnard College, of Columbia University. She earned her medical degree at the State University of New York Downstate College of Medicine and graduated with honors, completed an internship and residency at Beth Israel Medical Center, and performed a fellowship at St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center. She served as medical director of women's breast imaging at St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital, where she founded the minimally invasive breast biopsy program which continues today.
Dr. Chinitz has devoted her entire career to the early detection and diagnosis of breast cancer. As director of breast imaging at NewYork-Presbyterian/Lawrence Hospital, she developed a state-of-the-art breast imaging center in southern Westchester. The Carol H. Taylor Breast Health Center is now a breast imaging center of excellence (BICOE) awarded by the American College of Radiology.
Dr. Chinitz is a member of the Society of Breast Imaging, New York Breast Imaging Society, NY Metropolitan Breast Cancer Group, Radiological Society of North America, and the NY Roentgen Ray Society. She has spoken at many national meetings about breast imaging.
- Diagnostic Radiology
Specialties & Expertise
- Breast Biopsy
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer High Risk Screening
- Breast Imaging
- Breast MRI
- Breast Ultrasound
- Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy
- Image Guided Biopsies
- Needle Core Biopsy
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- Ultrasound Guided Breast Biopsy
- Residency: Beth Israel Medical Center
- Fellowship: St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center
- Internship: Beth Israel Medical Center
Leadership, Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Radiology at CUMC
- Director of Breast Imaging at the Carol H. Taylor Breast Health Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester