Catherine L. Ly, MD
Locations and Appointments
ColumbiaDoctors - 1 Pondfield Road
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Catherine L. Ly, MD
Dr. Catherine L. Ly graduated from Yale University with a Bachelor of Arts degree focused on health disparities. She received her medical degree in her hometown of Honolulu at the University of Hawai'i John A. Burns School of Medicine. She then returned to Yale for her residency training in plastic and reconstructive surgery. In her final year of residency, she served as the academic chief resident. She subsequently completed a clinical fellowship in complex oncologic reconstructive microsurgery at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
Dr. Ly has authored numerous peer-reviewed publications and has presented at various national meetings. During residency, she was the recipient of a National Institutes of Health T32 surgical oncology research grant and a Plastic Surgery Foundation grant, both of which allowed her to study lymphedema pathophysiology and treatment at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
Dr. Ly is well-trained in the full range of plastic and reconstructive surgery. Her clinical and research interests are in post-traumatic and oncologic reconstruction with a focus on microsurgical techniques, surgical education, and health disparities. She is committed to providing compassionate care and optimizing patient outcomes for all patients.
Specialties & Expertise
- Body Contouring
- Breast Reconstruction
- Cancer Reconstruction
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Reconstructive Microsurgery
- Trauma Reconstruction
- Medical School: University of Hawaii
- Fellowship: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Internship: New York University School of Medicine
- Residency: Yale New Haven Hospital
- Residency: New York University School of Medicine
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital
Awards & Honors
- Distinction in History of Science, History of Medicine at Yale University, 2009
- District of Columbia Mayor's Community Service Award, 2010
- Dr. Laura Weldon Hoque Award, 2014
- University of Hawai'i John A. Burns School of Medicine Scholarship for Competitive Ranking, 2010
- Wanda Jane Pavela Memorial Scholarship Award, 2013
- Yale Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Annual Research Day Audience Award, 2020
- Yale Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Annual Research Day Best Research Award, 2021
- Yale Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Annual Research Day Best Research Award, 2022