Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Arpan Goel, MD
Dr. Goel completed his medical degree and internship in India, followed by residencies in West Virginia and Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center. He completed his first fellowship at the Department of Plastic Surgery/Burn at Jacobi Medical Center, Bronx, and a second fellowship at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, in minimally invasive and bariatric surgery.
His appointments prior to arriving at Columbia include Attending Surgeon at WestMed Medical Group and at Harlem Hospital Center. Dr. Goel received the 2014 Attending Teaching Award at Harlem Hospital Center, and was named Outstanding Resident Teacher three years in a row at Montefiore Medical Center (2005 – 2007). Dr. Goel has a special interest in abdominal wall hernia repair and bowel wall reconstruction.
- Abdominal Hernia
- Bariatric/Weight Loss Surgery
- Bowel Surgery
- Hernia Repair
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Weight Management
- Internship: West Virginia University Hospital
Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Surgery at CUMC
Awards & Honors
- Attending Teaching Award, Harlem Hospital 2014
- Intern of the Year, 2002
- Outstanding Resident Teacher, Montefiore Medical Center, 2005
- Outstanding Resident Teacher, Montefiore Medical Center. 2007
- Outstanding Resident Teacher, Montefiore Medical Cneter, 2006