Additional Locations for Makram Gedeon, MD
CUIMC/Milstein Hospital Building177 Ft. Washington AvenueNew York
ColumbiaDoctors - 1 Pondfield Road1 Pondfield RoadFloor 2Bronxville
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Schedule an Appointment
Call To Schedule Today
Connect Patient Portal
About Makram Gedeon, MD
Makram Gedeon, MD, is a double board-certified bariatric and colorectal surgeon specialized in minimally-invasive approaches to colorectal and bariatric surgery. Dr. Gedeon is part of both the Colorectal Surgery team at several locations throughout New York and New Jersey and the Center for Advanced Surgery at Lawrence Hospital and Hudson Valley.
Dr. Gedeon received his medical degree from the American University of Beirut in 2002 before completing an internship in surgery at the Mayo Clinic and a general surgery residency at the University of Texas Southwestern. He has undergone two fellowships - one in minimally-invasive surgery at the University of Texas Southwestern and another in colon and rectal surgery at NewYork-Presbyterian. Following his residency training, Dr. Gedeon spent ten years in a busy community hospital practice in Bristol, Connecticut, where he helped start and grow the practice's weight loss surgery program and served as its medical director until the end of 2018.
Clinically, Dr. Gedeon is interested in the application of minimally-invasive and robotic surgery to treat colorectal diseases and obesity, specializing in bariatric surgery and revisions. His research focuses include surgical technology and clinical outcomes. He is fluent in English, Arabic and French.
- Surgery, Colon and Rectal
- Bariatric/Weight Loss Surgery
- Laparoscopic Revisional Bariatric Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Metabolic Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Weight Loss Surgery
- Weight Management
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical C
- Residency: University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Medical School: American University of Beirut
- Fellowship: The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center / Medical School
- Fellowship: NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- Residency: The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center / Medical School
- Internship: Mayo Clinic / College of Medicine & Science / Alix School of Medicine
Titles & Positions
- Associate Professor of Surgery at CUMC
Awards & Honors
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor (2015-present)
- Weight Loss Surgery Foundation of America (WLSFA) bariatric surgeon of the year (2019)