Justin S. Golub, MD, MS
Locations and Appointments
ColumbiaDoctors - Riverdale
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About Justin S. Golub, MD, MS
Justin S. Golub, MD, MS is an otologist/neurotologist, a specialist of the ear and surrounding skull base. He provides both medical and surgical treatment of common disorders as well as rare, complex conditions. One of Dr. Golub's passions is introducing cutting edge treatments to the practice of otology. He is a pioneer in endoscopic ear surgery, directing one of the few training courses in the country on this new minimally invasive technique. He is also a past president of the American Endoscopic Ear Surgery Study Group and one of the first American members of the International Working Group on Endoscopic Ear Surgery. Dr. Golub is actively engaged in clinical and translational research to improve patient care and outcomes.
Dr. Golub completed his medical training at Emory University School of Medicine, where he spent an additional year performing research in regenerative medicine at the Georgia Institute of Technology. He then pursued Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery training at the University of Washington in Seattle, where he had additional research training on an NIH T32 grant. Afterwards, he completed a two-year accredited fellowship in Otology, Neurotology, and Skull Base Surgery at the University of Cincinnati and Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center. Finally, he obtained a master of science in Biostatistics/Patient Oriented Research at the Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health. A native New Yorker, Dr. Golub is excited to take care of patients at Columbia after spending nearly two decades away in school and training.
Dr. Golub's practice is focused on disorders of the ears and surrounding structures of the skull. This includes hearing loss, tympanic membrane perforations, infectious ear disease, inner ear balance problems, tumors, and skull base conditions such as vestibular schwannoma (acoustic neuroma).
He is actively involved in researching new techniques and technologies. Several areas of clinical interest include minimally invasive endoscopic ear surgery and cochlear implants. Dr. Golub directs a lab, funded in part through National Institutes of Health grants, to investigate how age-related hearing loss affects the brain. His research has appeared in the press nationally, including The New York Times and The Washington Post.
He is the author of over 90 peer-reviewed publications and 35 book chapters. He has taught techniques and presented his research internationally. He has also co-edited four books, including the best-selling Pasha/Golub clinical reference guide that is now in its 6th edition.
As a physician at Columbia, Dr. Golub is able to collaborate with a wide variety of renowned specialists to bring multiple areas of expertise to patient care. For ear disorders, he works with audiologists, neurologists, balance therapists, and oral surgeons. For skull base disorders, he works closely with neurosurgery, radiation oncology, neuroradiology, and medical oncology.
Dr. Golub would be excited to meet you at either of his clinical locations at the main Columbia University Irving Medical Center campus or in Riverdale, Bronx.
Specialties & Expertise
- Acoustic Neuroma
- Advanced Endoscopic Surgery
- Bell's Palsy
- Chordoma Tumor
- Cochlear Implants
- Ear Disease
- Ear Disorder
- Ear Drum Perforation
- Ear Drum Repair
- Ear Infection
- Ear Laser Surgery
- Ear Problems
- Ear Surgery
- Ear Tumors
- Endoscopic Surgery
- Facial Nerve Disorders
- Facial Nerve Surgery
- Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
- Glomus Tumor
- Hearing and Balance
- Hearing Loss
- Hemifacial Spasm
- Implantation of Hearing Device In Temporal Bone
- Mastoid Surgery
- Meniere's Disease
- Middle Ear Disease
- Otitis Media
- Pediatric Otology
- Skull Base Surgery
- Skull Base Tumors
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Tympanic Membrane Repair
- Medical School: Emory University School of Medicine
- Fellowship: University of Cincinnati Medical Center
- Residency: University of Washington Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester
Awards & Honors
- 2015: Poster Award, American Academy of Audiology Annual Meeting, San Antonio, TX
- 2017: Malcolm Schvey Teaching Award, Columbia University Medical Center
- 2018: Collaborating Faculty Member/Affiliate, Johns Hopkins Cochlear Center for Hearing and Public Health, Baltimore, MD
- 2018: Great Catch Award, ColumbiaDoctors
- 2020-present: Castle Connolly Top Doctors
- 2021, 2020: Editors Choice Article, Journal of Gerontology Medical Sciences
- 2021: Influencer in Aging, Next Avenue Media, PBS System
- 2021: Mentee Research Travel Award, American Auditory Society Annual Scientific Meeting
- 2022: 1st Place Poster Award, Otology/Neurotology Triological Society Combined Sections Meeting, Coronado, CA
- 2023: 1st Place Poster Award, Otology/Neurotology Triological Society Combined Sections Meeting, Coronado, CA
- 2023: 3rd Place Poster Award, VP&S Annual Student Research Day, New York, NY
- 2023: Featured Cover Article, The Hearing Journal