Locations and Appointments
ColumbiaDoctors - Riverdale
ColumbiaDoctors - Tarrytown
ColumbiaDoctors - 540 Gramatan Avenue
Please contact the doctor's office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
About David M Schwartzberg, MD
Dr. David Schwartzberg is a double-board certified colorectal surgeon with expertise in the full spectrum of benign and malignant colorectal diseases including colon and rectal cancer, polyposis syndromes, inflammatory bowel disease, diverticulitis, anorectal disorders and pelvic floor conditions, re-operative colorectal surgery as well as robotic/laparoscopic minimally invasive procedures.
Dr. Schwartzberg graduated from Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY and attended medical school at American University of Antigua College of Medicine, New York, New York/St. Johns, Antigua. After initial general surgical residency years at Stony Brook University Medical Center and Robert Wood Johnson-Barnabas Health Monmouth Medical Center he went on to complete two years of research in colorectal cancer at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center where he was awarded the prestigious Dr. Murray Brennan scholarship. He then completed his final two years of general surgical training including his Chief Resident year at NYU Langone Health. He completed a colorectal fellowship at The Cleveland Clinic in Ohio during which time he received an excellence in education award. He then did an additional fellowship in complex re-operative surgery for Crohn's disease and ileal J-pouch/redo J-pouch surgery at NYU Langone's IBD Center. Since that time, over the last 3 years, he has been working as colorectal surgeon with specific expertise in robotic surgery, IBD and complex colorectal surgery at Mather Hospital- Northwell Health.
Dr. Schwartzberg has given several lectures at national meetings and published articles & book chapters on various topics in colorectal surgery including IBD and robotic surgery. He is a reviewer for several surgical journals and serves on various national committees related to colorectal and minimally invasive surgery.
Dr. Schwartzberg prides himself in listening to patients and working with them, their families, and doctors to formulate treatment plans with their goals in mind. He aims to use minimally invasive surgery techniques including robotic surgery for a variety of colorectal conditions.
- Surgery - Colon and Rectal Surgery
Specialties & Expertise
- Anorectal Disorder
- Colon and Rectal Disease
- Colon Cancer
- Colon Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Pelvic Floor Disorders
- Rectal Cancer
- Rectal Prolapse
- Medical School: American University of Antigua
- Residency: NYU Langone Medical Center and School Of Medicine
- Fellowship: Cleveland Clinic
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester
Awards & Honors
- "Rising Stars: Super Doctors” Top New York Physicians, 2021
- “Rising Stars: Super Doctors” Top New York Physicians, 2022
- “Top Doctors” As Chosen by their Peers, New York Times, 2021
- Executive council, Take Steps Committee, Westchester-Connecticut Crohn's & Colitis Foundation, 2022-2023
- Healthcare Professional Engagement Committee (HPEC) Member, Greater New York Crohns & Colitis Chapter, 2023- Current
- Medical Honoree, Long Island Take Steps Fund-Raising Event, 2021
- Member-at-Large, New York Society of Colon & Rectal Surgeons, 2022-2024